Topics

Rules of the Portal, for latest elaborations check both columns.

Anything said once can be said again in a better fashion. Everything said today can be better clarified tomorrow All entries are under constant editing and can be changed or expanded anytime. All views are dated, and are works in progress reflective during the expressed time frame only. This blog emphasizes issues ..., not personalities. Except for the On Line Bible, included for convenience, this site is portal to other Sunset Stroller sites linked below....

PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG IS TO DEFINE GOD THE WAY GOD DEFINED HIMSELF.
God is Existence. Exodus 3:14 "I am that I am." This is the name God told Moses He wants to be known by this name forever "into all generations."
For updates in sites linked above,
see links in left column below.

Friday 3 May 2024

Letting God be God....

The Way It Was

When My Marbles Were in a Row

Once, when I got over the heady thrill of being a university (educated) atheist, I slowly found my foundations were crumbling, and pretty shaky all told at that.

In point of fact (with continuing apologies to Jennifer Jones in Beat the Devil) my entanglement in the fallacy of misplaced authority proved rather embarrassing as I grew older. But as a child it seemed natural for me to think God would be swinging easy with adult church leaders, for the sake of the children.

So, when I found out that God forgave David, since David was "honest" with God, I saw a leeway for me since no one could be more honest than myself. What a mixture I was in! 

I mean really, how could God kill all those people in the flood and then turn around and tell me I couldn't kill even one person yet? It is some strong stuff when one finds they are their own God.           

No comments:

Post a Comment