Topics

Rules of the Portal, for latest elaborations check both columns.

Anything said once can be said again in a better fashion. Everything said today can be better clarified tomorrow All entries are under constant editing and can be changed or expanded anytime. All views are dated, and are works in progress reflective during the expressed time frame only. This blog emphasizes issues ..., not personalities. Except for the On Line Bible, included for convenience, this site is portal to other Sunset Stroller sites linked below....

PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG IS TO DEFINE GOD THE WAY GOD DEFINED HIMSELF.
God is Existence. Exodus 3:14 "I am that I am." This is the name God told Moses He wants to be known by this name forever "into all generations."
For updates in sites linked above,
see links in left column below.

Monday 14 October 2024

Praise worship and gratitude

 With Moses came the first books of the law but with Jesus, as the final sacrifice, came love, forgiveness. grace and all the fruits of the Spirit. 

With Abraham came faith, but it was Moses who questioned God about who He was that the people should believe what God told him to say. No report such as this could carry such powerful weight. So in Exodus we have God's answer how He wanted to be known for all generations.

The question I ask myself is how and why I should respond. My primary reaction was and continues to be gratitude, even an all engulfing thankfulness. Why I am not fully sure. Some I believe focus on praise. I can see why as praise lifts oneself up even as praising lifts  up God. Others glory in worship. 

I suspect there are many who feel uncomfortable, a misunderstanding I suppose because they do not have a strong enough foundation to have an appreciative belief. They have their hands full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment