Topics

Rules of the Portal, for latest elaborations check both columns.

Anything said once can be said again in a better fashion. Everything said today can be better clarified tomorrow All entries are under constant editing and can be changed or expanded anytime. All views are dated, and are works in progress reflective during the expressed time frame only. This blog emphasizes issues ..., not personalities. Except for the On Line Bible, included for convenience, this site is portal to other Sunset Stroller sites linked below....

PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG IS TO DEFINE GOD THE WAY GOD DEFINED HIMSELF.
God is Existence. Exodus 3:14 "I am that I am." This is the name God told Moses He wants to be known by this name forever "into all generations."
For updates in sites linked above,
see links in left column below.

Sunday 21 April 2024

One Sunday No Dogs in Heaven

Heaven Without Love?    

Pastor centered on, a perhaps ten-year-old boy who wanted to know whether his dog would be with him in heaven. No, the pastor said, his dog would not be in heaven because the dog did not have a soul. I walked out the center aisle. I just could not stand it.

Twain had some choice remarks on this, pointing out that many dogs were more deserving than humans to be in heaven. Dogs are very loving and are quick forgiving. But for this poor pastor, lions and lambs are likely in heaven with or without their souls, but not a dog?

I think the young chap will not likely be very desirous of being in an antiseptic heaven as the pastor himself foresees. I often wondered in my formative years about churches operating on the gas of such doctrinaire drivel, 

Unfortunately, I fell when a child to the wayside, calling God to account for these people. I was a victim of the logical fallacy misplaced authority. I am sure any dog will be in heaven as long as someone wants them there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment